Will you be going to the Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sursum Corda Brigade - Pilgrimage for Restoration 2013

Hello all my Sursum Corda friends,

As was mentioned a few times over our weekend, there will be a pilgrimage in New York known as the Pilgrimage for Restoration in Auresville. We would like to organize a Sursum Corda brigade this year for the pilgrimage. Such a brigade would allow us more time with our friends on a journey to the shrine of the North American Martyrs. 

In order to organize our own private brigade for the pilgrimage, we need a headcount minimum of 12 people. The more people that sign up, the better. Additionally, we will need a banner, a patron saint, and a battle cry. 

The pilgrimage lasts three days, September 20 - 22. Each day will be hiking long distances mostly over asphalt. I will keep specifics on the pilgrimage to a minimum as much of the information you need to know to register for the pilgrimage and to pack can be found here: 

I will be organizing this Sursum Corda Brigade from New Jersey so any questions you have, feel free to ask me. Additionally, Rachel Steger has created this blog that will be used for coordinating carpools and generally getting a headcount of those interested in attending. 

Carpools will be organized to help those coming from great distances to reach the pilgrimage site. Please let me know preferably on the blog or via email whether you are interested in attending and your travel arrangements. I will be taking weekly polls on the blog and in my email to see how many people are interested in attending. If you decide to email me, please make the subject of your email "SURSUM CORDA BRIGADE " followed by your name. So an email from me regarding my availability for the brigade would be "SURSUM CORDA BRIGADE JULIAN PTAK".

My contact information is:
Cell phone: 973-477-3452
Home phone: 973-304-0447
Email: j@jptak.com

The blog would make things a little neater for me as I would not have to sift through my inbox as much. Things to include in your email would be whether you are definitely going, whether you are interested in going but worried about transport, where you are coming from, and your contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc. 

I have gone on this pilgrimage before and have some experience in packing for it so if you have any questions pertaining to what to pack, feel free to ask me.

It was a pleasure meeting you all this past weekend. I hope you all made it home safely and I will keep you all in my prayers. I look forward to hearing from you all. Dominus vobiscum!

In Christo Rege,
Julian Ptak

3 comments:

  1. Hey, everyone!
    I'm going to try to work on the banner. If anyone has any ideas or would like to help, please let me know.
    Right now, I'm thinking of something incorporating the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, with a third heart underneath. I hope to have some design ideas ready for people to look at soon. I'll keep you posted. :)
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your ideas sound amazing! If you need any embroidery done for the banner, I'd be happy to help! Appliques, wording, or a little Institute Crest (with permission, of course!). . .

      Delete
  2. That sounds great, Jillian! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete