Will you be going to the Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration

Friday, August 17, 2012

Pilgrimage for Restoration


Hi all!  Can you believe it’s been a week since the beginning of our Sursum Corda weekend? I’m wishing Sursum Corda lasted at least a week, like the youth camps do.  Oh well. If we didn’t have to worry about jobs, maybe.  

I have been exploring the Pilgrimage for Restoration website (as I’m sure many others have been,) and I notice that there is the option of making the pilgrimage from home.  I know at least a few people who KNOW they won’t be able to go this year, and I may have to add myself to that list.  The idea of making the pilgrimage from home is some consolation.  It has also been suggested that we coordinate with our parishes, to have something to do as a group, such as adoration or our own processions and walks.  

Another thing that they are looking for is donations for the pilgrimage.  The registration fee does not cover much at all, and any donation is much appreciated.  Perhaps we could begin some fundraising and begging?  

Would anyone be willing and able to design a flyer for everyone to distribute, encouraging people to join the Sursum Corda brigade, or to participate from home and donate money?  Also, can we get another show of who can go, who would like to participate from home, and who isn’t sure but wants to go?  Thanks!

God Bless,
Rachel

P.S. 
I'm adding an email option, so these posts will go directly to your email.  Be sure to sign up!  And if you have anything you want posted, let me know! 

P.P. S. Sunday, August 19, 2012 A.D.
Here is a link to the brochure for the Pilgrimage http://national-coalition.org/pilgrim/Pilg_12_info_brochure.pdf 
Here is an account of the Martyrdom of René Goupil http://www.national-coalition.org/pilgrim/letter_Jogues_martyr_Goupil.pdf
Here is the link to participate in the pilgrimage without traveling http://national-coalition.org/w/pilgrimage-without-travel

1 comment:

  1. As said above, I probably will not be able to make it, but I plan on continuing to spread the word, making the pilgrimage from home, and hopefully scraping together some donations!

    ReplyDelete